The Wonderful Company has a one of a kind in-house Consumer Insights Group that supports the Wonderful Agency, a full-service in-house ad agency, the Wonderful portfolio of brands (FIJI, POM Wonderful, Halos, Wonderful Pistachios and Almonds, Justin and Landmark Wines, and Teleflora), and macro corporate and philanthropic initiatives including our Wonderful Academies and Health and Wellness Clinics. This unique team, comprised of highly experienced T-people with diverse research, branding, and strategy backgrounds is hiring a Research and Consumer Insights Intern to be part of our summer internship program.
THIS IS A 10-WEEK PAID INTERNSHIP FROM JUNE 3TH – AUGUST 9TH OF 2019.
Here’s what you’ll do:
The intern will support the Insights Group to design and lead research for Wonderful’s portfolio of brands and key corporate divisions. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analysis, interpretation, and synthesis of information into actionable insights and easily digestible presentations
- Design and coordinate strategic qualitative and quantitative research projects which may include focus groups, online tools, and other research methods
- Identification of meaningful insights from multiple sources
- Use of basic statistical concepts and descriptive statistics to understand and describe relationships and patterns in data
- Provision of sound business recommendations based on research findings
- Serves as the voice of the consumer in all interactions with brand senior management and marketers
- Creation of impactful visual representations of analytic insights geared to audience needs
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Applicable higher education courses or internships, specific to research and analytics
- An understanding of the principles of the experimental method, what statistically significant means, and how to use insights to meet strategic business objectives
- A basic level understanding of branding, marketing, and advertising
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Focused, organized, and results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- $15/hour compensation
- On-site subsidized high-end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office!
- Free parking
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.