At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Regulator Toxicologist (1902149) – Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be part of a Center of Expertise, responsible for providing toxicology support to businesses for regulatory issues. Toxicology is part of the EHS Service Platform and is directly aligned with the Global Toxicology Group.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education in Toxicology or Biological Sciences and professional work experience in toxicology, you will assess feasibility of surrogates and perform read-across, conduct chemical hazard assessment via literature search and structure activity analysis, and recommend appropriate analytical and/or toxicology studies to close gaps in chemical or product hazard assessment.
- Utilizing your ability to develop, analyze, and interpret toxicology information, you will provide consultation to PRCoE on the likely interpretation of data submitted to NA regulatory agencies.
- Working independently with minimal supervision and within a virtual, matrix and global organization, you will conduct health risk assessments to support NA regulatory submissions. Additionally, you will prepare responses to regulatory inquiries and interact with regulators as needed, interpret Toxicology data and assign assessment phrases, GHS phrases, and other similar hazard-based regulatory phrases that communicate hazards, and provide toxicology expertise to experts in national (i.e. CPCS, EPA, DOT, FDA) and international (i.e. WHMIS, GHS, REACH) regulations.
- Communicating effectively with associates at all levels, you will provide consultation to Prod Reg on hazard assessment to ensure that assessments are consistent, include peer reviewed and proprietary toxicology data, and that language is consistent.
- Your firm commitment to compliance is essential as you provide leadership in expanding the company’s capability to secure and maintain global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) data to meet current and future compliance and customer needs. Additionally, you will inform Product Stewards of new regulations regarding hazard communications, labeling, etc.
- Demonstrating your ability to communicate hazards and risks to general populations, you will consult on product labels to provide accurate hazard communication and verify labels are in compliance with applicable country regulations.
- Sharing your robust technical knowledge of Federal and State Hazard communications and labeling regulations and standards, you will represent BASF in meetings and associations on regulatory toxicology issues.
- Your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and management will be essential as you participate on cross-functional/cross NCU teams.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Regulatory Affairs, Law, Compliance, Legal