Regulatory Director – Erlanger, KY
This is an exempt position.
The Regulatory Director is a leadership role responsible for the oversight and coordination of functions within the Regulatory Department, including the effective and orderly development, maintenance and issuance of company’s technical product documentation. The Director also serves as a liaison to company commercial and technical personnel as well as customers regarding ADM products.
- Lead Regulatory staff in meeting established objectives; prioritize projects to meet internal and external deadlines; oversee safety and regulatory compliance of products manufactured by Company.
- Manage and resolve issues related to customs, kosher, halal, organic and USDA matters.
- Oversee responses to customers’ technical inquiries regarding the safety and/or regulatory compliance of ADM products and ensure that such responses are appropriately timely and thorough.
- Ensure that all products sampled/sold by ADM are accurately labeled, and have received kosher or other certifications as necessary.
- Participate in customer communication representing ADM and providing Regulatory expertise.
- Work with US government regulatory agencies including FDA, USDA, and TTB.
- Mentor Regulatory staff on career development matters; cross-train staff where appropriate.
- Monitor all domestic governmental activities related to flavors, foods and beverages. Assess and manage potential impact of any regulatory changes or safety issues on selling flavors, as well as future product development.
- Provide support for corporate ADM projects.
- Assure database maintenance to support internal development and production.
- Ability to identify and disseminate important industry Regulatory information to applicable departments within ADM.
- Represent ADM at industry trade associations as needed (FEMA, IACM, AAFCO, etc…).
- Ability to learn, coordinate and implement programs as identified such as organic certification, and others as needed.
- Follow company defined policies, processes and instructions (ISO).
- Technical understanding of regulatory documentation and ability to conduct detailed research & interpretation of rules and guidance applicable to the Company’s product portfolio and ingredients used therein. Proficiency in FDA, USDA, as well as the EU Food and Flavor regulations are desirable.
- Communication skills that help to relate regulatory topics to non-regulatory audiences (Sales, R&D).
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail to minimize internal and external complaints.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years management experience in food, flavor, or specialty ingredient industries.
- Minimum 7 years in Regulatory Compliance or comparable experience – experience with labeling, organic, kosher certification, GHS as well as familiarity with FDA, USDA, TTB regulations.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) throughout all levels of the organization and with customers and/or suppliers.
- Recognized by peers as source of knowledge.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Math and computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SAP, Salesforce and experience with other computer databases.
Relocation assistance may be available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.