Who We Are
Betaseed is the leading Sugarbeet seed brand for growers in North America. Sugarbeet growers have been trusting Betaseed for over 40 years to provide them with knowledge, variety performance and technical support in Sugarbeet production. Betaseed’s commitment to produce a diverse, high quality portfolio of seed varieties complemented by trait technology and treatment illustrates why Betaseed will continue to be a pioneer and industry leader. Betaseed…where Research Breeds Confidence.
We’re Hiring near Minneapolis, MN
Join our team as a full-time, Regulated Field Trials Manager for sugarbeet seed. You will focus on the coordination of regulated trials and regulated seed production in North America. Responsibilities include all phases of seed production and the trial processes of regulated biotechnology crops which includes all steps of trial preparation through trial termination while working closely with the regulatory affairs group.
This role is for you if:
- You have strong agronomic background with exposure to seed trials
- You have a passion for agriculture and would enjoy working with both production, research and compliance
- You are naturally good at managing details and coordinating projects
Betaseed offers competitive salary and a robust benefit package which includes PTO, 401K, health and dental insurance, and much more!
What you will be doing
- Serve as Coordinator among principal researchers, regulatory affairs and stations.
- Track and control critical steps that ensure compliance with regulations by confirming drill lists, planting locations, harvest processes including cleanout of equipment, and volunteer monitoring.
- Collaborate with the various breeding stations within the Organization for field selection and other activities across regulated crops to ensure high quality results.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams across multiple countries and throughout the organization.
- Participate in presentations to internal & external audiences on assigned projects.
- Organize regulated field trials in compliance with regulatory guidelines and standards and in compliance with quality management system.
- Create and implement protocols and standard operating procedures for regulated trial activities in collaboration with Betaseed Regulatory Affairs group.
- Evaluation of trialing and seed production areas for regulated crops.
- Draft appropriate regulatory documents.
- Provide work direction to staff and temporary labor including but not limited to assigning tasks, organizing work, prioritizing projects, measuring quality and ensuring safety.
- Provide education, training and serve as a resource to improve research compliance.
- Ensure Company handbook, Rules, Guidelines, Procedures, and safety policies are followed and personal protective equipment is used correctly.
- Travel, domestically and internationally, and/or drive on behalf of the business.
- Meet attendance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Genetics or similar field; OR, a Bachelors’ degree in Agronomy/Plant Science, Biological Sciences or a related field along with 2 or more years of applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of governmental regulatory systems for products of agricultural biotechnology in North America.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and strong attention to details.
- Proven ability to prepare succinct and clearly written documents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 5 or more years relevant experience in seed production.
- Experience with regulated agricultuel biotechnology products.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage employees.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
Perform outdoor and indoor work in variable conditions including heat, cold, dust wind and rain. Field and greenhouse environments with exposure to pollen and handling chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.