Regional Territory Manager Agriculture
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valley® Irrigation, a division of Valmont Industries, is the worldwide leader in precision irrigation. Our brand of center pivot, linear, and corner irrigation equipment provides solutions for conserving water and meeting the growing demand for food. We have an extensive network of more than 250 independently owned dealer locations across the U.S. and Canada who provide unmatched customer support to our farming customers
We’re Hiring for a regional Territory Manager for our Southwest territory covering AZ, UT, NV, Southern half of CA and some areas of bordering states. Work closely with our current dealer and distribution channels while focusing on expanding our sales, service and parts distribution within the territory. Be a true partner and coach with our dealers to maximize product performance and customer satisfaction. This territory is a growth area for agriculture, looking for an individual to focus on building and maximizing market share gain.
You may live anywhere in the territory, although ideally the candidate would live in AZ, Central or Southern California with close access to a major airport.
We offer a competitive salary and extensive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, 401k with company matching along with other benefits. Relocation assistance available.
This role is for you if you:
- Have prior sales experience in agriculture and/or agri-business with a strong understanding of the Southwest market
- Are comfortable with travel throughout a large territory with over 30 dealers (up to 70%)
- Have a proven track record in sales for building a territory and expanding reach
- Enjoy working with a team of down-to-earth individuals, passionate about what we do
- Hold a Bachelor or Associate degree preferably in agri-business, agriculture, agronomy, crop and soil sciences, irrigation design, business management, marketing or relatable field
- Coordinate policies, programs, objectives, and procedures as they apply to product, service, training, warranty, market share, distribution, parts, innovation, and technology.
- Develop a professional sales, parts, and service organization in the territory capable of marketing Valley products and maintaining the degree of customer satisfaction expected of a Valley Dealership.
- Ensure the timely and consistent implementation within assigned area of all policies and practices established by Valmont Industries. Provide on a timely and accurate basis the following reports: Weekly Sales Call Reports, Monthly Win-Loss Reports, Monthly Project Report, 3-Month Rolling Sales Forecast (monthly), Weekly Expense Reports, Weekly Itineraries, Product Reports, Vehicle Fuel and Maintenance Reports, as well as all other reports requested.
- Identify the needs of personnel in each distribution outlet and provide training as necessary
- Develop effective methods of communication for monitoring and reporting of field problems and solutions to other departments within Valmont to help ensure a prompt response to the needs of the Dealers and Customers within the assigned area.
- Compile data regarding pending litigations as necessary to provide prompt and professional mediation in litigated cases to protect the interests of Valmont Industries and the Dealer involved.
- Initiate the interviewing, acquisition, and termination of Dealers and Manufacturing Representatives to maintain the strongest and most aggressive marketing organization within the assigned territory.
- Communicate weekly market trends, competitive movement (including delivery and pricing information), new product innovations, and product improvements which assist in maintaining Valmont's leadership position within the automated sprinkler irrigation industry and other product areas as they develop.
- Maintain constant identification and personal contact of large volume system sales, a current awareness of the relationship between the Dealer and perspective Buyers, and a predetermined plan of action for procuring such business.
- Compile budgets, expenses and promotional monies.
- Organize sales meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree plus relevant experience
- Five (5) years of agri-business experience
- Must be willing to do extensive travel (up to 70%)
- Residency in Arizona, Southern California, Utah, or Nevada
- Acceptable attendance and performance record
- Valid US driver’s license
- Human relation skills, must be able to handle delicate Customer and Dealer negotiations
- The ability to use sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, at the same time protecting the Company interest.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to management, dealers and customers
- The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results