Regional Sales Manager – Based in a home office in the Midwest with travel
Greeneye Technology, founded in Israel in 2017, has developed an innovative artificial intelligence platform to detect and spray weeds in real-time, reducing herbicide usage by up to 90%. Greeneye's selective spraying (SSP) system can easily integrate into any agricultural sprayer, by retrofitting existing sprayers or through working in collaboration with sprayer manufacturers to deliver plant-level variable-rate spraying. In addition to offering significant input savings to farmers, Greeneye's precision spraying technology also maps the entire field with cameras at a plant level resolution, offering a robust, and affordable scouting solution. Farmers can see where weed populations were highest and plan re-planting activities, if applicable. This precision spraying technology can be used with pre-emergent and post-emergent applications. Greeneye is backed by world renowned investors; the last round of financing was led by JVP and Syngenta Ventures.
You can view our technology in action in the following videos:
Greeneye is hiring a Regional Sales Manager to launch our innovative technology into the US market. You’ll build and manage a custom application business in the Midwest as an initial showcase of our technology to innovative farmers. This business will be a pipeline of sales leads once farmers see that they can have increased productivity while saving up to 90% on their herbicide costs. You’ll also focus on forming relationships with agribusinesses such as retailers, dealers and manufacturers to educate them on our technology and it’s impacts on the farm’s bottom line and the environment. You will travel up to 50% of the time, depending on the season, to visit growers and potential retail partners.
Greeneye is an extraordinary group of talented and visionary people who are committed to provide sustainable solutions for farmers around the world. We’d love for you to join our mission. We offer a competitive salary and strong bonus potential once sales begin in the US. We are unable to offer medical benefits currently due to our size, but we offer a strong salary that allows you to purchase the coverage of your choice.
Your focuses will include:
- Develop and execute a planned approach by creating a sales plan for accounts including large farms, dealers, retailers and manufacturers
- Identify and consistently engage with early adopter farmers for Greeneye precision spraying system
- Manage, develop, and foster relationships with retailers, ag chem manufacturers, dealers, equipment manufacturers, cooperatives and independent crop consultants within the region
- Set up our precision custom application service in several locations in the Midwest
- Recruit and manage an operations team
- Lead and manage all logistical and technical efforts of field demonstrations
- Deliver webinars and training to clients about Greeneye
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and maintain a pulse on market trends.
Strong candidates for this role will possess:
- A passion for agriculture, which could include a family farm upbringing and/or a degree in agronomy, crop science, plant science, agribusiness, or other agricultural related study
- 7+ yrs with a sales role in agriculture, which could include time spent as a: sales agronomist, crop consultant, territory sales manager
- Excellent business judgment, creative problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present a strategy to key stakeholders within an organization
- Excellent project management, communications, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently across the Midwest; up to 50% of the time depending on the season