Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers' cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy. You can find more information about Central Valley Ag by visiting www.cvacoop.com.
We’re hiring a Regional Field Mechanic to provide professional and courteous service to Central Valley Ag internal and external farm customers in the region. You will be diagnosing, researching, and repairing Custom Fertilizer Application machinery using manufacturer provided resources.
In this position you may live anywhere within the Kansas territory of Concordia, Beloit, Clifton, Courtland, Greenleaf.
We offer competitive salary based on experience, great medical benefits, paid time off, life insurance, pension and 401k with match.
Your key responsibilities:
- Diagnose, research, and repair Custom Fertilizer Application machinery using manufacturer provided resources.
- Examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports, and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Customer repair work performed at company location shop as well as on the customers’ farm.
- Test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters, soldering equipment, and hand tools.
- Maintain and drive truck to haul tools and equipment for on-site repairs.
- Work within Company record keeping software to track repairs, log parts and track expenses.
- Assist in ensuring that all location facilities and equipment meet all federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping to reduce chance of fire or dust collection.
- Greet and assist customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Work at other locations as assigned with a willingness and flexibility to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Flexible working shift which may include days, nights and weekends required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Two to three years’ experience in farm / heavy equipment maintenance required.
- Hazardous and tanker endorsements preferred.
- Understanding of, “Theory of Operation,” and programing needs of either GS3, GS4, Viper Pro, Viper 4, Ag Leader, Tremble 600-700 receivers, can-buss, and ISO buss control systems.
- Usage of Arc, MiG, and Tig welding and general fabrication capabilities of the prior mentioned.
- General mechanical ability required.
- Integrity and good judgment skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be a quick learner and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents required.
- Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.