Welcome to Stine Seed Company! We are the country’s largest privately-owned seed company, specializing in soybean and corn genetics, headquartered in Adel, Iowa. The Stine name has a proud history dating to the 1940s when Bill Stine began cleaning public variety of soybean seed with a portable cleaner. Since then, Stine has grown and expanded, becoming one of the most recognized and respected names in the corn and soybean industry, owning more than 800 patents.
We’re hiring for a Regional Agronomy Sales Manager in Central Illinois. In this role you will manage the seed sales performance in your territory by coaching and guiding 8-10 Independent Sales Representatives (ISR) who sell direct to growers. You will be focused growing the territory through the performance of the ISRs; ensuring appropriate level of reps for the territory and coaching the team to maximize sales effectiveness. You will be a technical resource for the ISRs providing both agronomic advice and product line knowledge. You would be based from your home spending 50% or more local travel with ISRs.
We Offer competitive compensation, coupled with significant performance bonus based on sales growth in the region, benefits including, company vehicle, 401K and health insurance.
An ideal candidate would bring:
- Three or more years of sales experience in agronomy, crop health and/or seed
- Prior success leading a sales team
- Demonstrated knowledge of proven sales techniques and an ability to coach
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with multiple team members to meet established goals
What you will be doing:
- Learn and understand day-to-day needs and issues of assigned ISRs through regular communication and by spending a minimum of 3 days a month in the territory with the ISR.
- Develop and maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Stine seed products and services applicable to the assigned territory
- Assist ISRs in the development and management of key prospect lists, new dealers, direct grower recruitment, and monitor their progress toward stated goals.
- Organize and lead regional meetings
- Assist with development, design, planting and harvest of Yield in the Field (YIF) plots.
- Understand and implement marketing initiatives while driving key products and services in key target markets
- Communicate and implement Stine’s sales programs and policies within the assigned territory in order to meet sales goals for the district