Job Description Region Trainer and Recruiter – Upper Mid-West US
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position is a regional based position, based in the Western Cornbelt Region which encompasses Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and the Dakotas. 50 to 70% travel requirement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
50% Sales and Supervisor Training:
- Present new supervisor training, in person, to newly hired/promoted supervisory positions as needed and requested by GMs in the Western Cornbelt Region
- Present/support Performance Management training, remote or in person, to support management in the performance management process
- Manage three-year sales training program to include: identification of new salesmen in the organization and ensure enrollment; track sales/margin every six months; work with division management on training track for all salesmen; manage ThinkZoom relationship within our region; manage logistics for all hotel/travel/food/entertainment needs for trainees; and develop curriculum and course offerings for all three levels of training
- Periodically travel through the divisions in the Western Cornbelt Region to ensure each division is getting the support they need
50% Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Responsible of recruitment of new hires for the Western Cornbelt Region (interns, entry-level crop consultants, seasonal workers, etc.)
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures. Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities in organization. Onboard new employees as designated by GM’s to include periodic follow up after 60 days, 6 months, and 1 year
- Post all positions on company recruiting site (iCIMS) for all positions for the Western Cornbelt Region. Handle external advertisements
- College recruiting and college relations: Identify focus schools within region to actively recruit (speaking engagements in classes, career days, fraternity/sorority engagement) and build/maintain college relations
- Assist applicable divisions with their Internship Programs. Interview and secure interns (with divisional input) for all qualified locations within the Western Cornbelt Region.
- Manage sponsorships for agriculture based events, conferences, expo’s, conferences, golf tournaments, rodeos, association meetings
- Industry affiliations to include: FFA (outreach, sponsorship and support); Blast Off State Officer Conferences; Leadership Conferences; State Conferences; Ag. In the Classroom presentations
- Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Maintain current knowledge of relevant state laws
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food or Agriculture a plus, or five years relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years training experience required, sales training preferred. Sales recruiting experience a plus
- 50 to 70% travel requirement
- Microsoft Office
- Incumbent will have great communication and people skills along with a strong desire to be successful
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, y ou will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, f ollow us on: LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter