The primary responsibilities of this role, Radiology Business Analytics Intern, are to:
The Bayer Radiology team is committed to maintaining its leadership in Radiology through innovative business strategies. Among the strategies include the development of data-driven management process, world-class digital marketing solutions, the continued growth of value-adding product offerings, and robust customer programs to maintain and enhance the overall brand. Business and Data Analytics are essential to enable and drive these business strategies.
We are seeking a highly motivated Business Analytics Summer Intern to join Bayer Radiology”s Strategy and Operations team. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and, research skills. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time, have fun, and celebrate successes to continuously create values in Canadian healthcare system. As a Business Analytics Summer Intern, you will be part of our Radiology team to grow multi-million dollar business by leveraging analytics in Marketing, Sales, and Operations.
The position will be based in the Bayer headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario. This is a 4 month summer contract position between May and August 2020.
- Partner with Bayer Radiology”s Sales and Marketing teams to create analytics models, data visualizations, and dashboard to derive business insights and enable data-driven decision making in the business unit
- Conceptualize and implement digital tools to empower the organization to improve operational efficiency, create values to hospital customers, and grow Radiology product portfolio
- Respond to daily ad-hoc data analyses to support field operations in Sales, Marketing, and Services
- Conduct business analyses such as customer segmentations, clustering, and predictive modeling
- Report to Manager of System and Data Quality to develop data strategy roadmap & implementation, including:
- Define data dictionary and data governance policy
- Research and experiment on applications of AI and Machine Learning
- Improve data quality across multiple internal systems
- Inclusion of applicable external data
- Assist the entire Radiology team in various day-to-day activities including data analytics, product management, and digital marketing activities as needed
- Present findings, share your “Aha!” moments, and the business implications
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Completed at least three years of degree in a business-related field with emphasis on marketing, computer science/engineering, statistics, finance, economics, or related field
- University/College student is mandatory. MBA students are strongly encouraged to apply
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated modeling and analytical skills involving gleaning insights from the manipulation of large, sometimes unstructured datasets or databases
- Prior knowledge with data analytics tools/systems, such as, Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce (SFDC), Python/R, and SQL is an asset
- A degree of sophistication in Microsoft Office, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in preparing, delivering and modifying presentations
- Ability to work independently and against timelines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Your application Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people”s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.