North America Quality Control (QC) is part of the supply chain organization and is integral to the production and delivery of products to the market. The Quality Testing Data Solutions Lead is accountable for development and/or implementation of IT solutions for the North America QC business. The position requires an understanding of software development, operations/automation technologies, and ability to perform data analysis to enable critical business decisions. This position will interface with cross functional IT colleagues and report into the North America Quality Control Lead.
- Develop and maintain a cohesive data strategy, and improve/implement formal data practices across the organization. Think strategically about innovative ways to use data and how that use affects IT system / platform design.
- Understand evolving business needs and technology capabilities to optimize our information and service management approaches.
- Must have a deep technical understanding of application architecture and the communication skills to successfully network and interact with lab personnel, software developers, senior managers, IT engagement managers, software architects, project managers, and other technical leads across the company.
- Must leverage global and regional networks to understand and identify requirements for system development, including: requirements gathering, design, system configurations, unit testing, launch, and support as applicable.
- The candidate will possess the technical expertise necessary to provide estimation of IT project deliverables, and be able to design and develop software to meet business and technical requirements.
- Implement projects in a timely manner and communicate progress to broad based stakeholders.
- The candidate will work with department and enterprise architecture teams to define application architecture and design that integrates seamlessly into the existing product pipeline and automated solutions.
- Partner with QC Optimization Lead to prepare impact analysis and estimated costs for IT initiatives.
- B.S. in computer science, agronomy, chemistry, biology or related field.
- At least five years of experience as a programmer/analyst/data manager in a technical or scientific environment.
- Capable of leading a development team responsible for the construction and deployment of software components. Experience managing a team of contract developers is a plus.
- Experience with eliciting and facilitating requirement gathering sessions.
- Experience in software development utilizing current technologies.
- Able to lead and effect change in an inclusive manner while demonstrating care and concern for people.
- A customer centric mindset.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization across projects and workstreams.
- Able to work effectively in ambiguous situations: use critical thinking skills, be decisive while working cooperatively with others, inspire creative thinking from diverse perspectives, and manage several projects at one time.
- Proven record of results orientation and cost consciousness in a fast paced, dynamic, team-based environment.
- Able to translate business requirements into conceptual designs.
- Experience in evaluating, recommending, and integrating third-party tools and software.
- Travel, global and regional: 10%.