Provide quality assurance support to ensure products received and assembled are in accordance to the specifications and requirements defined by the customer and engineering.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Performs required audits by completing necessary inspection procedures (product receipt, product operation, certification, and test procedures), using the appropriate documentation, and attesting to the quality of the product prior to shipment.
- Ensures and verifies accuracy and completeness of quality requirements, inspection sheets, engineering documents and sampling sheets used when inspecting parts or units.
- Troubleshoots daily issues and determines the root cause of the problem. Initiates proper problem solving processes.
- Documents operational deficiencies and provide a means to track and address repetitive issues.
- Assists in the creation of procedures.
- Controls Red Tag process.
- Maintains Quality Hold area.
- Coordinates daily operation of dynamometer.
- Assists in the creation and distribution of Quality Alerts.
- Has the authority and responsibility to stop production if quality is not being met.
- Responsible for managing the quality of the product until it is shipped out of Assembly Center.
- Creates a report to list issues with products that are coming into the Assembly Center.
- Reviews assembly procedures, check lists, PDI forms for accuracy and understandability.
- Communicates directly with the Quality Assurance Lead and Supervisors on quality issues.
- Communicates defects to the appropriate people in a timely manner.
- Communicates with vendors and AGCO personnel.
- Responsible for trouble shooting all issues that arise through the production processes.
- Creates, maintains, and delivers a quality report which will detail items that are issues as well as resolution to the Quality Assurance Lead and Supervisors on a regular basis.
- Performs random audits on completed tractors as well as incoming material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to work with others efficiently and effectively either one-on-one, as a team, or in a group.
- Must possess a positive attitude with self-motivation and show pride in their work.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with good verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills and techniques to achieve problem resolution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate should have relevant experience and knowledge of production processes.
- Familiar with operations being inspected. Allows recognition of improper assembly even if the issue isn’t called out on a checklist.
- Ability to learn AGCO computer system and pertinent software: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and access the required documents necessary to perform job function.
- Ability to demonstrate effective use of precision measuring tools and/or equipment.
- 50% in the office, 50% on the production floor and outside
- Reports directly to Assembly Supervisor
Reports indirectly to Quality Assurance Lead and Site Manager
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Inspector, Testing, Quality, Technology, Engineering