We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Quality Manager (1902674) – Brighton, CO
Where the Chemistry Happens
To ensure all products produced at the Brighton Site meet ISO 9001-2015 quality standards as well as other relevant industrial standards and regulations. The Quality Manager provides tactical and strategic leadership for all quality related matters and champions the site’s quality vision. The role supports various projects based on business needs and provides visible leadership to the quality team. The Quality Manager leads a team of Quality Control and Assurance personnel in direct support of construction chemicals manufacturing with a focus on continuous improvement. This requires strong leadership and a good working knowledge of the related technologies. The Quality Manager must be able to communicate and focus their team on the goals and targets established by the Business Group and Site Leadership Team (SLT). This requires overall coordination with other site departments including Production, Maintenance, Logistics and EHS. The Quality Manager is responsible for the coaching and development of all quality team members.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- BS degree, preferably in a technical or quality related field (or equivalent)
- Five (5) years’ experience with quality management systems. Experience using SAP Quality Management transactions preferred. ASQ certifications CMQ/OE, CQA, CQE, or CSSGB highly desired.
- Knowledgeable of chemical processes and manufacturing technology and methods. In addition, previous management experience is strongly desired. Experience with construction chemicals and lean manufacturing / 6 sigma a plus.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and direct shift and technical personnel. Strong interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, conflict resolution skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities are required.
- Interpersonal skills to foster teamwork with subordinates, peers and superiors both internal and external to the Brighton Site and BASF. Ability to supervise/manage in a fashion that is consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Develops and implements quality strategies; seeks innovative approaches to attaining business’ quality objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining site ISO 9001-2015 program and coordinating/providing support during relevant audit activities. Responsible for quality-related external audits including UL, Intertek, Miami-Dade, and others as needed.
- Leads, supervises and provides performance management to the Quality Control Team.
- Ensures QC Lab has the proper resources and training to function effectively within budgetary requirements.
- Manages the site Non-conformance Management (NCM) system and provides resources and support as necessary. Holds regular NCM review meetings to drive continuous improvement. Provides SAP NCM and other quality system-related training to relevant site personnel.
- Investigates customer complaints related to quality and coordinates activities involving troubleshooting, analysis, and corrective actions.
- Provides QC/QA resources and support to corporate initiatives, research and development projects, claim investigations, and other activities as needed.
- Leads the implementation of and manages site document management system.
- Manages quality system and quality control-related procedures and work instructions.
- Participate within the SLT in setting of plant goals, budgets and objectives and monitoring quality performance to assure continuous improvement. Supports and executes site objectives related to ERP, EHS, and Operational Excellence. Monitor/Control variable and fixed cost spending budget.
- Develop and communicate clear goals and standards to team members; in so doing, assure product specifications and production targets are met.
- Track and manage quality KPI’s and provide regular status reports.
- Assure the lab is maintained in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Ensures timely reporting, investigating, root cause analysis, and corrective implementation of all accidents and incidents within the quality department.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Champions new ideas; inspires excellence and trust.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.