Join Land O’Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America’s favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You’ll be joining a team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We’re looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food’s toughest challenges.
Quality Lab Technician – Vermont Ceamery
Under direction of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Quality Assurance Technician verifies adherence to all food safety, regulatory and quality requirements and conducts microbiological, chemical and physical in-process and finished product testing. In addition, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for conducting pre-shipment review of product paperwork, conducting frequent auditing, and weekly environmental swabbing.
Must be able to work 1:00pm-9:30pm Monday through Friday/ with availability to work occasional weekends
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Conduct routine analysis of raw ingredients, work-in-process and finished product.
▪ Compete microbiological plating for coliform, yeast, mold, etc.
▪ Complete physical testing on product, such as pH, moisture, salt, titratable acidity, and butterfat.
▪ Assist with the HACCP prerequisite program implementation, training, and records.
▪ Monitor and maintain internal product testing records.
▪ Conduct incoming raw ingredient inspection and evaluation.
▪ Create and edit Quality SOP’s.
▪ Review finished product pre- shipment paperwork.
▪ Complete sensory evaluation.
▪ Assist in management of product retain sample inventory.
▪ Organize and conduct environmental swabbing.
▪ Complete frequent auditing of production GMP conditions.
▪ Follow all Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements.
▪ Comply with safety and environmental requirements.
▪ Maintain QA Lab cleanliness and inventory.
▪ Serve as weekend coverage as production schedule demands.
▪ Assist Quality Assurance Supervisor and Manager in other functions as necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
• Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years working in a food-related environment, dairy preferred
• Knowledge of food chemistry, microbiology, composition, analysis, processes and regulations
• Proficient in Microsoft suite
Required Competencies and skills:
• Must be able to effectively communicate and actively listen
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write routine reports and interpret safety, quality, operating, and maintenance instructions
• Must be agile and able to shift gracefully when priorities change
• Must be attentive to detail and have good organizational skills
• Must be a self-directed worker, as well as a team player
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy