In Bayer”s Pharmaceuticals division, we focus on researching, developing and marketing specialty-focused innovative medicines that provide significant clinical benefit and value, primarily in the therapeutic areas of cardiology, oncology, gynecology, hematology and ophthalmology. With our innovative products, we seek to achieve therapeutic benefit for patients, while at the same time satisfying the growing requirements of physicians and health insurers. As one of the leading research-based pharmaceutical companies worldwide, we have nearly 50 ongoing development projects in clinical trials.
Bayer engineers develop solutions for day-to-day operating problems, long-term business needs, adoption of new technologies, and regulatory compliance. Our engineers collaborate across the organization to execute the full life cycle of projects, including planning, organizing, and managing the project from concept to execution and implementation. Their deep understanding of our business and the needs of our customers drives more innovative solutions that benefit consumers and the planet.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Quality Engineering Intern, are to:
- Work with the Quality Engineering team on projects to improve product quality and process efficiency throughout the plant;
- Perform the analysis of data and processes in order to help establish process improvements;
- Work with Quality Engineering on Process Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) and Process Validations;
- Work with quality engineers to perform investigations regarding material that does not meet guidelines.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Engineering;
- Be actively entering into Sophomore through Graduate year of college;
- Be a full-time continuing student (i.e. enrolled in school for the next term – Not Graduating in Spring 2021);
- Attention to detail, goal seeker and demonstrated [strong] work ethic;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially Microsoft Visio, Microsoft
- Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Follows training guidelines;
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere and can communicate ideas and needs;
- Demonstrated process improvement skills through coursework and/or extracurricular activities;
- Good written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills;
- Independently demonstrate the ability to create ideas and solutions to process related issues.
- Available to work during one of the two following timeframes :
- May 17th, 2021 – August 6th, 2021
- June 14th, 2021 – September 3rd, 2021
- Previous Intern/Co-Op experience in a manufacturing setting;
- Currently majoring in mechanical or biomedical engineering;
- Root cause analysis experience.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.