Develops and implements quality assurance standards, processes and controls. Develops methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training. Evaluates production capabilities and recommends improvements. Provides quality assurance support to ensure that the products produced are manufactured in accordance to the specifications and requirements as defined by the customer and/or company. Respond to Customer identified issues and assist in maintaining the Quality Management System.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Organizes and facilitates the Quality Improvement Team Meetings in their respective areas. Maintains action register and charts for the meetings.
- Performs required audits by completing necessary inspection procedures (product operation, certification and test procedures), using the appropriate documentation, and attesting to the quality of the product prior to shipment.
- Ensures and verifies accuracy and completeness of quality requirements, inspection sheets, engineering documents and sampling sheets used when inspecting parts or units.
- Uses basic precision measuring tools, workmanship standards, visual inspection and referencing specifications and blueprints to identify discrepancies. May include calibration activities.
- Document deficiencies identified that do not meet the specifications and requirements. Provide a means to track and address repetitive issues.
- Troubleshoots daily issues and determines the root cause of the problem. Initiates proper procedures in order to resolve the problem. Involves the appropriate departments.
- Assist Manufacturing and Design Engineering during pilot runs of prototype units to determine undocumented quality requirements and/or test procedures that should be added to the Quality Requirements.
- Works with the Service Department to exchange quality information necessary to promote continuous improvement.
- Communicate in the appropriate manner with the appropriate formats (i.e., documents, email, charts, etc.) as necessary to convey quality information to the required parties.
- Participate and make recommendations for continuous improvement by submitting CR’s.
- Initiates deviations for individual parts, assemblies or machines when it is applicable.
- Initiate by completing the information required on the appropriate form pertinent to the issue identified.
- Initiate Corrective/Preventative Action notices as determined necessary to ensure quality processes and products.
- Reviews the MCO database to ensure that products are in compliance.
- Participates in meetings as required. Completes follow-up activities in a timely manner
- Provides training to the appropriate people as required on product operation and/or important information that has been identified that requires a “need-to-know” status.
- Assist and participate when required and approved by the Quality Manager.
- Four-year college degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or equivalent (experience in Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, or Design)
Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years’ relevant experience in manufacturing and production processes
- Prefer experience in the automotive or agricultural equipment manufacturing industries
- Supervisory experience, skills and responsibility is preferred
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Agricultural, Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Agriculture, Engineering, Quality