What Will You Do?
Supplier Qualification, Approval and Maintenance (20%)
- Lead on-site audits focusing on both quality systems and technical processes
- Conduct thorough technical reviews at part level to access supplier’s capability to make part
- Drive post-audit corrective actions
- Define PPAP requirements for all new and revised purchased parts
- Proactively manage the on-time completion of all PPAPs
NPI – Part development (40%)
- Drive systematic APQP to meet project time-line and (AMPIP) PPAP requirements
- Help supplier to exceed “Fit, Form, Function” as well as reliability requirements while working with AGCO purchasing, manufacturing and engineering teams
- Understand and communicate DFM and DFA principles conducive to production efficiencies and continuous quality improvements with supplier deliverables
Supplier Quality Management & Supplier Process improvement (30%)
- Continuously monitor and improve supplier quality performance (NCR, PPM, RFT)
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to avoid repeat failures
- Drive “Zero” defect approach within supply base and strive to exceed “Zero PPM” quality level
- Resolve day to day issues associated with supplier problems, including but not limited to quality of product, quantity, delivery schedules, etc.
- Proactively recover costs incurred to AGCO caused by suppliers
Supplier Warranty Reduction (10%)
- Work with Technical service and supplier recovery team to gather, analyze and action all field issues related to assigned suppliers
- Lead required problem-solving efforts to eliminate warranty failures
Perform all other duties as necessary and instructed
Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering, Weld / Weld Automation Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years of Supplier Quality Engineering experience handling the following:
- Welding and fabrication in a Mobile or Agricultural equipment manufacturing environment with Welded and Steel Fabrication processes and equipment such as: lasers, press brakes, roll forming, steel coil balancing / leveling, and punch presses.
- Mastery over quality control & problem-solving techniques for welded and fabricated components, knowledge of key failure modes for welds and forming processes, problem diagnosis and resolution, standards and tolerances for each process
- Developing new weld methods and have experience creating Weld Process Standards (WPS).
- Experience with Non-destructive and destructive weld testing.
- Experience working with customers, suppliers, leading supply chain quality improvement efforts
- Experience driving cross-functional business processes
- Certified Weld Engineer or Inspector (CWE / CWI) is highly desirable
- Understand a variety of welded and fabricated applications with an emphasis in manufacturability .
- Be able to ensure that an item created on the print can be manufactured.
- Able to review potential improvements and perform weld inspections pertaining to weld testing and validation processes.
- Advanced Oral/Written English communication skills
- Experience with Linkages preferred (torque limiters, drivelines, and slip couplers)
- Understanding of robotic welding applications.
- Working knowledge of AWS D14.3
- International exposure and/or experience
Only 35 minutes from Wichita, Hesston is a place where industry, recreation, and family’s blossom, offering many amenities found in a larger city but in a small-town atmosphere. Hesston’s appeal goes nationwide; more than a third of the residents hail from outside the Kansas state lines.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
AGCO works tirelessly to help make today’s farms more productive and more profitable. As the world of agriculture changes, so do we. Brazenly. We do it for the farmers. For the people working for them. For ourselves. For the future. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. Our collection of brands is a large part of what makes AGCO so unique. Our brands are powerful and modern. They’re well-known brands like Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra. They are the ones that the world looks to each and every day.
Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It’s time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Agricultural, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Agriculture