For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 32,000 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 250 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 38 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com
Quality Control/Assurance Technical Scientist – Vineland, NJ
This is a full time, exempt position
The Quality Control/Assurance Technical Scientist position is responsible for leadership, direction, audit, and alignment of the company food safety and quality control/assurance programs. This position is responsible for ensuring that all co-packers and raw material suppliers execute food safety and quality standards and the safety and quality of all inbound and outbound products.
- Ensure effective Internal Audit Program is implemented. Perform internal audits (GMP, Prerequisite Program, SQF, etc.), manage corrective actions and records
- Ensure effective risk assessment program is implemented for raw material and finished product. Perform biological, chemical, and physical risk analysis on all raw materials and finished product
- Ensure effective validation program for all pre requisite programs is implemented. Perform validation activities for all pre requisite programs, coordinate corrective action, and keep records
- Ensure efficient Pest Management Program implementation that is in compliance with current regulations, third party’s standards, and company’s standards. Perform annual assessment of the program, trending review and activity records
- Ensure effective Environmental Monitoring Program is implemented. Utilize own research and research of others to propose/implement continuous improvement to the program. Perform Environmental. Perform Environmental Monitoring procedures to validate effective sanitation
- Perform Quality and Food Safety related training as necessary
- Development and review Food Safety Plans (HACCP and Hazard Analysis Risk based Prevention Control – HARPC plans)
- Review HACCP records, sign and file, when needed. Communicate and record corrective actions when required
- Interact with USDA plant inspector; provide HACCP records as required to USDA or FDA inspectors. Assist with third party audits (SQF, customer, regulatory bodies) and when needed lead audits
- Understand current Federal guidelines pertaining to food safety/quality and research new and proposed guidelines. Implement process changes and update relevant procedures to meet these regulations
- Assist in monitoring and improvement of Food Safety Plans, Quality Manuals, SOP’s, SSOP’s, and other food safety/quality related procedures
- Provide effective communication with internal and external customers Communicate with customers and suppliers as questions arise to review documentation, procedures, and other general quality issues
- Other related duties and assignments as required
- A minimum of 5 years in food manufacturing
- BS degree in Food Science or related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc)
- Good knowledge of food and beverage processing with a focus on Food Safety and Quality
- Strong leadership skills and able to effectively work with Eatem/ADM team, customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP and HARPC principles, FDA and USDA regulations, and GFSI schemes, particularly SQF standards
- Ability to multi-task/lead several key projects at a time
- HACCP certified
- Good organizational skills
This position consists of office, laboratory, and manufacturing settings
Employees in this position working at this location are [or may be] exposed to various potential chemical and food allergens due to the nature of our business and the requirements of the job. If there is any reason such exposure would interfere with your ability to perform this role or work at the location, please notify the hiring manager.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.