Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world”s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We”re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
•Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
•Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
•You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
•We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
•Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Monsanto North America Row Crop Manufacturing (NARCM) is a world leader in corn, soybean, cotton, and canola crop seed production. This role supports our multi-brand strategy including our owned brands of Dekalb, Asgrow, DeltaPine, Channel and our entire suite of Regional brands. We are proud of our long standing record in adhering to the ISO 9001 quality standard and consistent success in product stewardship and seek individuals with a strong passion for meeting quality & compliance standards while focusing on the customer experience to further our commitment of “empowering farmers, large & small, to produce more from their land while conserving more of the world”s natural resources such as water & energy and improving soil health and water quality.”
We are seeking individuals with the competencies to be responsible for ensuring NARCM”s freedom to operate by driving a robust quality culture within the assigned geographic region for both plant and field activities while effectively engaging in outreach efforts within our local communities. This includes setting quality& compliance goals with site personnel, benchmarking high level product quality specifications, preparing teams to meet all compliance requirements of regulatory agencies as well as Monsanto”s stewardship requirements. The candidate will be expected to maintain and develop tools/systems that provide a visible measure to the health of our quality system.
This role collaborates with other Quality & Compliance Managers within the network and matrixes with our Global and NA Row Crop Quality Assurance and Quality Control team to design, optimize and launch standardized processes that focus on our customer and our product quality. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use data and influence leadership decisions in areas of resource allocation and process improvement and they will gain leadership experience through their participation in project based optimization teams of a world leader in seed production.
The Quality & Compliance Manager will report to the Site Lead and provide guidance to all personnel who have responsibility our seed production processes. The Quality & Compliance Manager will work closely with production companies and align sites” quality and compliance programs with the NA Row Crop Quality Team.
Key Business Accountabilities
• Lead Quality initiatives broadly (both plant and field quality), build a strong quality and compliance minded-culture, and maintain a healthy Quality Management System (QMS) that is focused on continuous improvement
• Be the primary contact concerning quality & compliance internally and externally with production partners across crop and function within your designated region
• Provide oversight of processes related to product quality & compliance in cooperation with seed production management and other stakeholders including but not limited to the Monsanto Global and NA RC Quality Assurance and Quality Control teams
• Champion the development, implementation, and improvement of QMS and its performance.
• Ensure quality processes support customer centricity and a premium product delivered to the marketplace in partnership with seed production management, engineering, innovations, & IT
• Maintain a robust quality system, including QMS and compliance at all levels of site operation.
• Provide guidance to Site Responsible Researchers (SRRs), ISO technicians and all personnel as necessary to conduct audits, gain all external certifications & accreditations and ensure complete adherence to quality and compliance policies, processes, and requirements
• Support & facilitate internal and external audits, compliance training and documentation control activities
• Manage response to audit findings and regulatory reporting requirements to ensure compliance and transparency of our system
• Report the performance of the quality program (including product performance, quality performance in plant and field, results of audits, corrective and preventative actions) and any needs for improvements internally, working with management teams to ensure execution
• Conduct root cause analysis and manage the implementation of recommended corrective action
• Develop and provide or ensure appropriate training, documentation, & monitoring capabilities to ensure standard and optimal procedures are followed
• Identify, leverage, share and implement best practices/continuous improvement across NA sites
• Utilize data to drive decisions and a culture that is dedicated to quality
• 3 years previous Production and/or relevant quality (stewardship, compliance) experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead change by influence. Responsible, results oriented, focused, and agile
• Great communications skills including the capability to clearly present information thru written and
• Decision making and problem solving skills. Capability to take action in solving problems while
exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
• Valid driver’s license required
• 3 years experience working within a quality management system preferred
• Management of crops under USDA and EPA regulation
• Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment
• Experience with data visualization software tools: Spotfire