Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Purina Technical Innovation Applications Internship
Internship Position Purpose:
This internship position will be tasked to develop an internal knowledge database on macro and micro ingredients through literature review and discussions with internal and external experts on areas covering ingredient supply chain (i.e. ingredient production, handling & processing), impact on animal nutrition & health, inherent risk factors, relevant feed regulations, and feed processing characteristics.
- Conduct interviews with internal and external experts in various animal species and specialization (animal nutrition, health, manufacturing, quality, sourcing, regulatory) to gain better understanding of current ingredients used in the animal feed industry
- Conduct desk study/ literature review to determine what is the state of knowledge on ingredients and important gaps in knowhow
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of ingredient value and risks based on the interviews and desk study
- Document ingredient knowhow based on literature review and interviews
- Organize document libraries in an easily searchable & editable format
Pursing 4 year degree related to animal science
The ideal candidate should have completed at least 3 years or more of course work related to animal science or animal biology and is interested to pursue a career in the animal feed industry
Good communication (oral & written) and organization skills
Microsoft office applications
Experience in Microsoft sharepoint
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy