This position is located in the Office of Field Operations, Regulatory Operations, Alameda District.
The district office is responsible for the overall management of an inspection and enforcement program involving meat, poultry, and egg products in several states. The incumbent of this position has responsibility for coordinating a variety of staffing and related functions to ensure proper and adequate coverage of inspection assignments.
Learn more about this agency
- Recommends staffing coverage for district considering leaves, plant activity,training, etc.
- Initiates recruitment for new or vacant positions.
- Conducts orientation of new employees.
- Interprets and provides guidance on union contracts and other agreements.
- Recommends training activities for the district.
- Coordinates travel advances, authorizes and audits travel vouchers.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.