These positions perform the more complex procurement transactions under the simplified acquisition threshold and is part of the Intermountain Region Acquisitions Management staff located in Idaho Falls, ID or Salt Lake City, Utah.
For additional information about the position:
Idaho Falls position, please contact Kellie Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-557-5766.
Salt Lake City position, please contact Charlotte Vanderbilt at email@example.com or 801-908-1901
Learn more about this agency
- The duties listed are reflected at the full performance GS-8 level.
- Regularly purchases a variety of technical, more difficult items that require detailed specifications and off-site contract administration.
- Screens purchase requests for completeness and adequacy.
- Determines the method of purchase: existing contract, open market, Federal Supply Schedules, etc.
- Selects the method of solicitation.
- Serves as information source to other Purchasing Agents on simplified acquisition methods and sources of supply.
- Incumbent may serve as the Local Agency Program Coordinator for a group of unit(s), such as a Zone or Service Area.
- Duties require extensive knowledge of purchase card electronic access systems used to manage purchase actions, including administration of user access roles, recording, reconciling, monitoring approval and reporting for the Purchase Card Program.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position for meetings, training, or site visits.