At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019 and by Diversity Inc. as #12 on Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF’s Professional Development Programs (PDPs) were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF’s culture, values, and decision-makers.
• As a highly motivated undergraduate student, you will participate in a 10 to 12-week internship program at one of BASF’s North American sites
• Interns will work in various areas supporting various Supply Chain projects which will provide the opportunity to further develop both technical and professional skills
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer students the opportunity to spend a summer working at a North American BASF site within the U.S. This program also offers undergraduate students the ability to apply their education and background to challenging assignments to build both technical and professional skills.
• Enhanced career and leadership development, and the opportunity to explore possible career tracks within the company
• Development of your expertise and the ability to network at senior levels throughout BASF and establish mentoring relationships that could span across your whole career
• The opportunity to join our Talent Pipeline for consideration of future opportunities within the organization including the full-time Supply Chain Professional Development Program
If selected, further interviews would include:
• One-way recorded HireVue interview
• Virtual interviews for all selected candidates will be with 2 BASF representatives
*Note: Dates are subject to change
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Visit https://basf.avature.net/events to get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
To watch a video and learn more about the Supply Chain PDP, please visit www.basf.com/universitycareers.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
• Undergraduate students majoring in Supply Chain or Logistics
• College Juniors December 2020-August 2021 grads
• Demonstrated academic achievement, with a minimum GPA of 3.2
• Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
• Leadership potential
• Active participation in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations
• Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus