At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019 and by Diversity Inc as #12 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Professional Development Program (PDP) Internship – Chemical Engineering Summer 2020
Where the Chemistry Happens…
From designing to running a major production facility – the field of engineering and production at BASF is where true professionals with excellent technical and scientific expertise can apply their knowledge in challenging environments. Especially when it comes to plant engineering and construction on the large scale, many challenges must be overcome. Always in focus: securing our leading position in the industry while holding fast to our high safety and environmental standards.
- As a highly motivated undergraduate student, you will participate in a summer internship program at one of BASF’s North American sites
- Utilizing your experience in your area of study, you will help complete various Engineering projects which will provide the opportunity to further develop both technical and professional skills
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer students the opportunity to spend a summer working at a North American BASF site within the U.S. to apply their education and background to challenging assignments that build both technical and professional skills. Our PDP internship is a precursor to our rotational programs, which combine hands-on experience with unparalleled networking and development opportunities designed to accelerate your career at BASF.
Formula for Success:
Join us on campus! We’ll be recruiting at the following schools and national diversity conferences:
- Louisiana State University
- 09/09/19 – College of Engineering Networking Reception
- 09/10/19 – Fall Career Fair (STEM)
- 09/11/19 – Intern Interviews
- University of Texas @ Austin
- 09/10/19 – Engineering Expo – Day 1
- 09/11/19 – Engineering Expo – Day 2
- 09/12/19 – Intern Interviews
- University of Michigan
- 09/15/19 – Engineering Undergrad Reception
- 09/16/19 – SWE/TBP Career Fair
- 09/17/19 – Intern Interviews
- North Carolina A&T
- 09/11/19 – Fall Career Fair
- 09/12/19 – Intern Interviews
- 09/13/19 – Full Time Interviews
- SASE National Conference
- SHPE National Conference
- SWE National Conference
- oSTEM National Conference
*Dates are subject to change. Visit https://basf.avature.net/events get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
If selected for an interview, candidates will participate in a 45-minute interview with two BASF representatives.
To watch a video and learn more about the Engineering PDP, please visit www.basf.com/universitycareers.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent