At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Diversity Inc. as #17 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
From designing to running a major production facility – the field of engineering and production at BASF is where true professionals with excellent technical and scientific expertise can apply their knowledge in challenging environments. Especially when it comes to plant engineering and construction on the large scale, many challenges have to be overcome. Always in focus: securing our leading position in the industry while holding fast to our high safety and environmental standards.
- As a highly motivated undergraduate student, you will participate in a summer internship program at one of BASF’s North American sites
- Utilizing your experience in your area of study, you will help complete various Engineering projects which will provide the opportunity to further develop both technical and professional skills
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer students the opportunity to spend a summer working at a North American BASF site within the U.S. This program also offers undergraduate students the ability to apply their education and background to challenging assignments to build both technical and professional skills.
- Enhanced career and leadership development, and the opportunity to explore possible career tracks within the company
- Development of your expertise and the ability to network at senior levels throughout BASF and establish mentoring relationships that could span across your whole career
- The opportunity to join our Talent Pipeline for consideration of future opportunities within the organization including the Full-time Engineering Professional Development Program
Submit your application no later than 8/25/18
Join us on campus! We’ll be recruiting at the following schools:
- Louisiana State University
- 09/11/18 – Fall Career Fair (STEM)
- 09/18/18 – Interviews
- University of Texas @ Austin
- 09/11/18 – Engineering Expo – Day 1
- 09/12/18 – Engineering Expo – Day 2
- 09/19/18 – Interviews
- North Carolina A&T
- 09/17/18 – Interviews FT & Intern
- University of Michigan
- 09/17/18 – SWE/TBP Career Fair
- 09/24/18 – Interviews
- University of Pittsburgh
- 09/21/18 – Fall Career Fair
- 09/25/18 – Interviews
- Southern University
- 09/19/18 – Fall Career Fair
- 09/20/18 – Interviews
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Check out our website at: https://basf.avature.net/events
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- Undergraduate students majoring in Chemical Engineering
- College Sophomores and Juniors (December 2019-August 2021 grads)
- Demonstrated academic achievement (Minimum GPA 3.2)
- Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic and leadership potential
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Previous internship/co-op experience is a plus
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Bilingual