At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Production Technician (1900231) – Seneca, SC
A Production Technician in the CCM EAF Manufacturing Unit works from specific verbal and/or written instructions to operate the appropriate process equipment to produce a consistent product in addition to the following:
- Operating, monitoring, cleaning and maintaining the equipment.
- Operating and monitoring off gas handling system.
- Slag tapping, crushing, and sampling.
- Alloy tapping, alloy casting, melting, and granulation.
- Operating all chemical processes associated with the TBRC alloy in the chemical refinery.
- Operating of grinding and sampling equipment associated with the TBRC alloy / feed in the preparation department.
- Operating / assisting in all facets of the melt room.
- Maintenance of all PM metal control documentation associated with all facets of the EAF operations.
- Material preparation in a briquetting/blending operation.
- Operating, monitoring, cleaning and maintaining the electric arc furnace.
- Coordination, preparation and documentation of materials going to Outside Refining (OSR).
- Coordination, documentation and handling of materials returning from OSR.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Maintains acceptable housekeeping standards in work area.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation
- Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
- Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
- Safety suggestions
- Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings
- Waste management activities
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in chemical manufacturing
- Experience operating a forklift
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Nearest Major Market: Greenville
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina