Western Feed Mills, Inc. is a privately-owned, independent feed manufacturer located in Cedar Vale, KS. Founded in 1984 by Mr. Fred Raybourn, whose vision was to build a feed company that would become a major player in the feed industry. Today, we manufacture over 400 different feed and mineral products serving a six-state area. We foster a family-oriented work environment striving to serve our communities and be a great place to work.
We’re hiring for a Production Supervisor at our Cedar Vale, KS facility. You would be responsible for leading overall production, people management and resource management at the facility to produce and delivery high quality feed and mineral products. You would be working in an environment where the daily priorities and batch sheets can change instantly requiring you to pivot your team and resources. This is a hands-on operations manager role, spending 90% or more of your time around the facilities. Work closely with the Owner on execution of any major capital improvement plans.
We are extremely open on the background of candidates; we’re specifically looking for an individual who is strong at managing a team, has strong mechanical understanding and is able to problem-solve in the moment. This role requires heavy multi-tasking and works six days a week during peak season, October through April.
We offer competitive compensation with year after year compensation growth with proven performance. Benefits package includes health insurance, stock in the company after two years, and potential for company housing.
- Provide direction to on-site employees and assign work/batch details and follow up to ensure work is completed and orders filled in a timely manner. Look for means of improving efficiencies and quality.
- Manage daily performance of employees while working closely with the Owner on larger performance management/terminations.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed for safety, DOT compliance, FDA, etc.
- Manage inventory control of all ingredients, vitamins and minerals.
- Manage all preventative maintenance and repairs; work with vendors as needed.
- Maintain mill cleanliness, appearance and ground maintenance
- Attain a thorough understanding of all automation & mechanical equipment and manufacturing processes.