Bunge (www.bunge.com , NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Responsible for day-to-day supervision and productivity, staffing, safety and general operations of the Bunge North America edible oil packaging plant in Decatur, IN.
- Promote safety by driving a zero-incident culture ensuring the safety of all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ensure plant is compliant with all corporate safety policies.
- Be an effective safety leader engaging in Bunge Oils safety discussions and initiatives.
- Promote and lead Continuous improvement for the packaging
- department in Decatur.
- Champion and use lean sigma tools as a structured approach to improve processes.
- Build and develop teams for maximum efficiency and responsiveness.
- Responsible for product safety, HACCP plans, and overall quality programs ensuring Customer Focus strategies are effectively implemented.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation levels for packaging department facilities.
- Develop capital projects and plans for continually improving cost structures. Utilizing internal and external resources for project development, documentation and justification
- Responsible for environmental compliance for the department participating in all internal and external audits.
- Work with facility resources ensuring that all requirements are met for air, SPCC, waste water and any other permit requirements.
- Ensure building, roads, and grounds are maintained in an orderly appearance.
- Work with facility resources to maintain equipment and spare parts
- inventories to meet business objectives and goals.
- Operate facility using objectives and goals reviewed daily, weekly and monthly.
- Ensure divisional and companywide initiatives are supported and implemented.
- Work with local and corporate commercial and administrative groups to establish operating objectives using the P&R process.
- Has the responsibility to report all food safety and quality issues to persons having authority to get issues resolved.
- Demonstrate the following core values and guiding behaviors which are expected of all employees at Bunge North America: Integrity, Openness and Trust, Teamwork, Citizenship, and Entrepreneurship.
- High school graduate or equivalent required, associates or bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or related field is helpful but not required.
- 5 years of experience in edible oil production, warehousing, or related and applicable activities is required
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams with other managers, supply chain professionals, sales and commercial, and engineering both internal and external to the facility
- Proven abilities to effectively manage, motivate, and train employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency with basic computer skills and programs, including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, SAP and other technical software packages
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Fort Wayne
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Engineering, Technology, Management, Operations