Position at Pilgrim’s
Quality Assurance Technician
- Monitors and inspects the product and processing steps to ensure production to designed quality standards, customer specifications and USDA guidelines. Interacts with production personnel at all levels to assure compliance with company, customer, and government specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and inspect product and processing steps to ensure production to designed quality standards.
- Performs reviews of product for compliance with stated requirements.
- Check for defects in product and perform measurements to support that standards are met.
- Calculate pieces per pounds per pallet or combo.
- Return inspected product to the production line upon completion of required product verification checks.
- In between product verification checks technician must walk through production area(s) to monitor for GMP or other potential product handling violations, and communicate any issues or findings to their supervisor.
- Identify returned product or product on hold for analysis.
- Record all findings on the appropriate document to support product’s consistency with company, customer and government specifications.
- Provide evidence of findings on the product as instructed.
- Notify the production management when specific action levels are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Use required PPE and follow all safety guidelines of the Company.
Skills & knowledge needed for the effective performance of essential job functions:
- Good math skills.
- Able to use required tools for verifications (i.e. thermometer, scales, calculator, etc.)
- Able to read, write and verbally communicate effectively (English).
- Must be able to make sound decisions
- Stand duration of shift – all scheduled hours.
- Workable use of both hands and able to grasp.
- Good eye sight (with or without corrective lens).
- Able to perform repetitive task.
- Able to reach, bend, climb, push, pull, and stoup.
- Able to lift 3 to 75 lbs. in weight.
- Warm or cold wet environment.