Position at Pilgrim’s
• Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
• Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
• Clean and organized work area.
• Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
• Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
• Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
• Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
• Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
• Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to comprehend simple instructions
Ability to apply common sense.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
Ability to multitask and work quickly
Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
Must have good communication skills.
Good hand and eye coordination required.
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Food or production experience preferred.