We are currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our Field Sales team in California (Fresno area).
The primary focus of the Product Specialist is Product Optimization whose knowledge is used to train and support the dealership sales personnel to successfully sell AGCO Products and assist to ensure sales processes lead to customer loyalty. The Product Specialists’ provide first level sales engineering, training and demonstration support to the dealer sales professionals for existing products. In addition, the Product Specialist is an extension of the Sales Product and Process Training department. They actively participate on new product launch core teams, as assigned, to support the timely development of training collateral and support execution of instructor led product training.
The Product Specialist reports directly to the Field Execution Manager who drives a robust and consistent approach to the role. They work closely with the K/AM to execute local strategies as agreed in the annual business plan. They help the dealer focus on customer loyalty / retention by following a robust sales process that includes lead management, product training, demo training and customer demonstrations focused on matching AGCO products to customers’ needs. They collaborate with assigned sales team to explain the advantages of our products to dealer personnel to drive wholesale and then follow through with lead management, training and demonstrations to drive retail – all in support of the annual business plan.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- As a key member of the field team…
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing with the dealer Product Sales & Operation Training to achieve the Dealer Excellence best practices related to wholegoods training.
- Responsible for development, implementation and execution of dealer training plan for Wholegoods Product Sales & Operation Training on local basis to dealer sales people with focus on Demo and Product Training to make dealer sales professionals self-sufficient in the demo process.
- Responsible for completing internal administrative tasks relating to position in order to ensure robust metrics and reporting (ie. Salesforce, Lead Gen, Training, Demonstrations, customer events). Logging completed weekly
- Responsible for supporting the K/AM relative to agreed upon specific dealer strategies and ACE tactics in support of the annual dealer business plan by o Assist dealer with hosting and conducting open houses, clinics, field days and other local customer events.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing with the dealer Product Readiness requirements related to wholegoods training and ensure completion or enrollment prior to shipment of product.
- Responsible for the coordination of local farms shows, to include product, logistics, and support as assigned.
- Responsible for developing a prospecting, and demo plan with assigned dealers, ensuring prospect quality. Review lead pipeline management generated from customer visits with the dealer quarterly to drive quoting activity to increase MS and align with retail goals.
- Responsible for maintaining customer relations & visits with Strategic Customers/Prospects in the territory – with key focus being in support of the dealer (never circumventing dealers when working with end-use customers)
- Responsible for being a technical advisor in support of order writing objective achievement for retail, demo and inventory objectives based upon the dealer annual sales plan. Support would include but not limited to: OWP product presentations, sales training, and order specification
- As an extension of AGCO’s tactical departments…
- Support other regional business requirements as assigned, for example, support AGCO participation in assigned trade shows or other events outside your assigned territory.
- Support benchmarking as agreed.
- Support local video or photo shoots, as agreed.
- Support product launches, as agreed
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience in agriculture oriented fields
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a sales, customer service, and/or a technical support role working at an agricultural equipment manufacturer or dealership
- Experience operating agricultural equipment (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook in a current or previous position
- Strong communication skills (Required)
- Salesforce CRM experience (Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience working with Ag equipment. Additionally, Technology related experience preferred
- 2+ years of sales experience in a dealer-based distribution channel (Preferred)
- Travel up to 50% expected, up to 80% possible.
- Product Specialist are assigned territories and ideally are located central to the dealers they call on.
- Product Specialists work out of their home office.
Nature and Scope
- A key role within Field Sales to achieve strategic market share growth in specific territories and Regions.
Area of Impact
- This position carries direct impact to future product development through VOC activities. Additionally, influences retail, billings and order writing successes through available product knowledge at field level.
- No direct reports
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
- Must be good at managing self (time management)
- Must be able to influence many within dealership, customer and within AGCO – without direct authority.
- Order Writing Targets through product presentations/trainings
- Retail Targets through demo/training activities
- Customer Loyalty
- ACE Tactics closed
- Local Training Events (# of events, # DSP trained, budget adherence)
- Local Demonstration Events (# of events, # of demos)
- Dealer Demonstrations (# of demos)
- Lead Management (Prospect lists pulled, Call logs, Closed leads)
Global, Regional or Local?
- Sales Region within North America
Nearest Major Market: Visalia
Nearest Secondary Market: Tulare
Job Segment: Agricultural, Engineer, Outside Sales, Product Development, Field Sales, Agriculture, Engineering, Sales, Research