We’re Hiring to Help Feed the World
Job Summary – SMART Solutions Product Manager, Technology Enabled Services
The AGCO Grain & Protein SMART Solutions team is a growing organization, responsible for deploying innovative and robust technology solutions and digital services for Grain, Seed and Protein systems. Our team is focused on using digital tools and services to help our customers protect the grain and animals in their care. To support this growing initiative, the organization needs to add a Global Product Manager – Technology Enabled Services to design and deploy our digital services that will provide added profitability to our Grain, Seed & Protein customers. The position requires interaction with and support of the AGCO Grain & Protein engineering, marketing, and sales teams and the ability to develop strong relationships with our dealers and the end customers to ensure the design and quality of technology enabled services that drive the profitability of our customers.
This individual must be self-motivated and customer focused. They will need to be connected to our customers and provide accurate and insightful Voice of Customer (VOC) as we design the services using our internal equipment, process and production knowledge combined with data and insights from our digital platforms to provide services that increase profitability for our customers. SMART Solution product managers are expected to create, manage and maintain their service(s) roadmaps and to provide support to sales and our dealer network on delivering the Technology Enabled Services that allow us to partner with our customers to optimize their operations and drive profitability with data driven intelligence and industry expertise.
- Collect voice-of-customer (VOC) to create service specifications and requirements for NPD projects as well as insure the suitability of current services to meet market demand.
- Understand / monitor competitors, competitive market environment and service developments to be reflected in our service development strategy & roadmaps
- Identify industry trends and opportunities to expand our service capabilities
- Maintain the product road map and ensure that our services fit the current requirements through product rationalization and refinement and that emerging needs are addressed through new product development and modifications of existing products if required.
- Drive NPD by identifying product gaps and opportunities and develop business cases to evaluate and support investment of AGCO G&P resources.
- Maintain service pricing utilizing gross margin analysis and competitive analysis.
- Drive efforts to increase margin through service design and strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party suppliers.
- Develop new service and business models for our wend customer and dealers to support their business and increase their profitability as well as their efficiency
ESSENTIAL SKILLS – Education
- Bachelor Degree in agribusiness, marketing, data analytics or other relevant degree
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in agricultural digital services sales/marketing
- Clearly communicates digital asset applications with both farmers and executives
- Influences across departments without direct authority
- Business acumen (income statement, margin analysis, budgets, forecasting)
- Passionate about finding solutions for customers’ needs
- Makes data-based decisions, yet still functions with autonomy
- Industry relationships and contacts
- Digital Services Design, Development and Deployment Experience
- Frequent travel to business & customer sites, dealerships and tradeshows.
- Estimated at 5-10 nights per month
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Agricultural, Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Agriculture, Technology, Engineering, Marketing