Shared ownership of the Protein product line including the maintenance, evolution and rationalization of existing products and the development of new products and services to keep AP & Cumberland in the forefront of swine and poultry production equipment. The position requires interaction with and support of the GSI operations, engineering, purchasing, marketing, sales and finance teams, our dealers and the end customers to ensure the quality, profitability, availability and performance of AP & Cumberland products to meet the requirements of our company and our customers.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Identify industry trends and challenges and position AP and Cumberland to capitalize on the opportunities that are presented
- Maintain the product road map and ensure that products fit the current requirements through product rationalization and refinement and that emerging needs are addressed through new product development and modifications of existing products if required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party suppliers of products marketed by Cumberland and AP.
- Drive NPD by identifying product gaps and opportunities and develop business cases to evaluate and support investment of GSI resources.
- Collect voice-of-customer (VOC) to create product specifications and requirements for NPD projects as well as insure the suitability of current products to meet market demand.
- Maintain product pricing utilizing gross margin analysis and competitive analysis to maintain the correct balance of volume and profitability.
- Drive efforts to increase margin through product design, manufacturing methods and supplier strategies.
- Participate in SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations) meetings and provide input to operations regarding market outlook and timing. Participate in strategic decisions regarding inventory levels, manufacturing locations, outsourcing, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in business, marketing, engineering, or other relevant degree
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Balances tactical and strategic issues
- Clearly communicates with both farmers and executives
- Influences across departments without direct authority, yet isn’t overbearing
- Business acumen (income statement, margin analysis, budgets, forecasting)
- Passionate about customers’ needs
- Makes data-based decisions, yet still functions with autonomy
- 5 years’ experience in the Poultry or Swine Industry
- Industry relationships and contacts
- Experience as a Product Manager of at least a $20MM product line
- New Product Development Experience
- Frequent travel to production sites, dealerships and tradeshows.
- Estimated at 5-10 nights per month
Position requires management of a small staff to assist the PM in accomplishing projects and goals
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Marketing Manager, Manager, Engineering, Marketing, Research, Management