We’re Hiring to Help Feed the World
Job Summary – SMART Solutions Product Manager, Data Insights & Intelligence
The AGCO Grain & Protein SMART Solutions team is a growing organization, responsible for deploying innovative and robust technology solutions and digital services for Grain, Seed and Protein systems. Our team is focused on using digital tools and services to help our customers protect the grain and animals in their care. To support this growing initiative, the organization needs to add a Global Product Manager – Data Insights & Intelligence. This individual will be responsible for delivering an integrated digital customer journey that utilizes our digital platforms to generate profitability for our customers by connecting the data insights and intelligence from our equipment to our internal systems, technology enabled services and industry expertise. The position requires interaction with and support of the AGCO Grain & Protein engineering, dealer e-tools, customer & technical services, purchasing, marketing, sales and finance teams, our dealers and the end customers to deliver a world class customer journey.
This individual must be self-motivated and customer focused. They will need to be connected to our customers and provide accurate and insightful Voice of Customer (VOC) as we design our digital platforms to provide actionable insights to our customers. SMART Solution product managers are expected to create, manage and maintain their digital product(s) roadmaps and to provide support to sales and our dealer network on a digital platform that allow our customers to optimize their operations with data driven intelligence through a world class digital user experience.
- Collect voice-of-customer (VOC) to create platform specifications and requirements for our integrated digital customer journey.
- Understand / monitor competitors, competitive market environment and product developments to be reflected in our product development strategy & roadmaps.
- Understand our internal technology tools and systems to create a better customer journey by connecting our customers to their data and our internal teams.
- Identify innovative data insights and intelligence capabilities by partnering with subject matter experts.
- Maintain the product road map and ensure that our digital assets fit the current requirements through product rationalization and refinement and that emerging needs are addressed through new product development and modifications of existing products if required.
- Drive NPD by identifying product gaps and opportunities and develop business cases to evaluate and support investment of AGCO G&P resources.
- Maintain product pricing utilizing gross margin analysis and competitive analysis.
- Drive efforts to increase margin through product design and supplier strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party suppliers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS – Education
- Bachelor Degree in agribusiness, marketing, data analytics or other relevant degree
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in agricultural tech industry
- Clearly communicates digital asset applications with both farmers and executives
- Influences across departments without direct authority
- Business acumen (income statement, margin analysis, budgets, forecasting)
- Passionate about finding solutions for customers’ needs
- Makes data-based decisions, yet still functions with autonomy
- Industry relationships and contacts
- Digital Product Development Experience
- Frequent travel to business & customer sites, dealerships and tradeshows.
- Estimated at 5-10 nights per month
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Database, Agricultural, Engineer, Data Management, Technology, Agriculture, Engineering, Data, Marketing