Dawson Tire & Wheel is North America’s premier supplier of wheels and assemblies for the agriculture industry including application on center pivots, tractors, grain carts, sprayers, combines, forage harvesters and more. We’re family-owned and developed this company over twenty years ago out of strong need to serve the market. Today, we have four locations in the US and Canada and growing. Our mission is Helping People Grow, which not only included a focus on helping our customers grow, but also our valuable team.
We’re hiring for a full-time Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager to join our leadership team to be based in our Holly, MI location. In this role you will be leading the efforts in procurement and ultimately driving long term reduction in cost of goods while ensuring uninterrupted supply. You would be interacting internally across the organization and with the CEO on understanding forecasted sales, inventory levels and quality. You will be developing relationships with vendors while maximizing volume discounts, effectively negotiating agreements and optimizing rebates/refund programs. This role reports to the CEO.You would primarily work in Holly, with one trip per month to our Gothenburg, NE (Central NE) headquarters.
We Offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance, short term disability, life insurance, up to $200 in company clothing and PTO.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- 5+ years’ procurement experience; strongly preferred in tire industry or relatable industry where rebates/refund programs are prevalent with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred in business administration, supply chain management, finance or relatable field.
- Natural ability to be a tough negotiator
Your Focus would be to:
- Develop supplier and negotiation strategies to minimize cost while ensuring a steady uninterrupted supply of goods that meet our quality standards and delivery requirements
- Manage and optimize rebate/refund programs with our suppliers
- Work closely across the organization with finance, sales and location managers
- Understand market and industry trends; new product development and anticipated changes in pricing
- Escalate quality, cost and/or delivery issues with suppliers to develop actionable solutions
- Forecast incoming supply to inventory levels and work with extended lead times
- Continuously develop a strong supplier portfolio
- Perform cost model analysis of various supplier programs to determine where to purchase and to what volume
- Ensure delivery solutions and logistics of shipped goods minimizes movement of products between locations
- Review, approve vendor contracts and supply agreements