Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Being a Precision Ag Specialist means performing regional sales, marketing, and service functions to dealers, distributors, and end users. This position will provide regional distributor sales support and regional targeted marketing for products offered by the company to maximize sales and distribution reach for these products.
This is a remote position with the successful candidate residing on the Northwest coast; preferably Washington or California.
• Coordinate service and training to Raven customers.
• Ensure distributors have sufficient knowledge to market and provide field support for Raven’s products.
• Conduct, as appropriate, training sessions/demonstrations of Raven precision products for regional distributors and prospective customers.
• Work with Sales Representatives to ensure distributor support and dealer development activities are carried out as detailed in the market/territory plans.
• Work with marketing to carry out grass roots marketing campaigns established for the market/territory.
• Evaluate market/territory for account coverage and performance and develop a comprehensive distributor and dealer development plan.
• Determine key precision ag influences in the market/territory and establish relationships with these people.
• Interact with service, sales, engineering, and other Raven departments to achieve market/territory, division, and corporate goals.
• Prepare and submit periodic reports on activities, opportunities, training, support, service issues, expenses, etc.
• Represent Raven at trade shows.
• Keep the company informed of competitive products, promotional matter, sales techniques, pricing and marketing activities.
• Provide significant assistance in the front end research related to new product development and introduction.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, agronomy, or engineering.
• Minimum 5 years related experience in sales or service of technical products or services required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possess good technical and agronomic skills.
• Ability to organize time effectively to insure execution of the market/territory plan.
• Ability to communicate in clear and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, team members and customers.
• Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
• Capacity to be flexible and multitask.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Travel up to 50% of time. Must be able to work variable days and hours as needed.
• Annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check required.
Raven is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.