Responsibilities & Duties:
- Must be hands-on with employees in a labor-intensive environment.
- Ability to direct, train and delegate work to personnel.
- Oversight of line supervisors in charge of packers, graders and general labor employees for the packing of fresh produce, operating sorting equipment, and time based production management.
- Completes documentation of time cards, shipping & receiving documents and reports in timely, efficient manner. Documents employee attendance & disciplinary actions.
- Must have at least 3 years experience as a Plant/Operations Manager running fresh produce packing facility or related field.
- Supervises the receiving, packing, cooling and shipping functions.
- Provide reliable and accurate manufacturing information.
- Inventory control management, bar coding.
- Works directly with the Sales Department to develop packing schedule according to daily sales demand.
- Ensure the safety of all employees, at all times.
- Solid technical operating skills in a food environment, including processing, equipment, food safety basics, maintenance systems, production and inventory control and information systems.
Good Management Practices, Quality Assurance & Food Safety:
- Experience developing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance within manufacturing, operational practices, applicable laws and GAP/GHP food safety requirements.
- Maintains a status of "audit ready packing facility".
- Assure local and national regulatory compliance including but not limited to OSHA, USDA, FDA, GAP/GHP, and GMP.
- Guarantees the facility and equipment are properly maintained and regularly scheduled facility and equipment programs are executed. Maintains proper housekeeping and sanitation of the facility.
Values & Ethics:
- To follow ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, truck drivers, government agencies, growers and customers.
- Proficient skills in using computer-based systems, programs and reports.
- Basic Computer skills specifically Windows 2000, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred OR equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered.
- Must have 3+ years of produce packing experience or related field.
- Clean driving record and Valid Driver's License required.
- Interpersonal skills required.
- Preferred: bilingual in Spanish to communicate with majority Spanish speaking workforce.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- To work nights, weekends or as business needs arise during harvesting season.
The above description is not meant to be 100% inclusive or exclusive of responsibilities that will be required for this position. RLF Packing management reserves the right to add or remove any of the functions of this position without notice now or in the future. RLF Packing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply.