Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
This position will serve as Plant Controller and a business partner to plant managers and team at Land O’Lakes Hicksville, NY and Turlock, CA dairy plants. The position will act as a business partner to strategic operations based at the Arden Hills, MN location to evaluate growth opportunities, production planning, and provide additional analysis as required. The position will supervise accounting resource in Hicksville, NY and interact with other operations & finance resources at the Turlock, CA facility.
This position offers an opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders and showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of our manufacturing business and Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Month end closing including preparing journal vouchers.
- Providing variance analysis of plant results to operations and senior finance personnel.
- Balance sheet reconciliation and approval.
- Creating product costing in JD Edwards.
- Providing essential plant reporting to operations.
- Create Annual Business Plan for multiple plant locations.
- Additional finance & reporting duties as required.
Education & Work Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and 5+ years of progressive job-related experience in a manufacturing or CPG environment (multi-plant environment preferred), with food/dairy or related industry experience.
- Technical skills – the individual must possess strong US GAAP accounting knowledge related to normal business/manufacturing operations.
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and basic skills in computerized accounting techniques. Systems aptitude (JD Edwards, OBI, Hyperion, and other reporting systems)
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting, financial analysis, and operations finance concepts
- Excellent communication skills; provide financial guidance and support to Plant Management and team with proactive communication of accounting/reporting issues and recommendations.
- Agility (dynamic production environment)
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness to do hands-on work.
Travel: Some travel will be required.
This position outline is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job including the essential job functions. Job responsibilities may include other essential duties as assigned from time to time and may be changed.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy