Quality Irrigation founded in 1986 has a deep-rooted history of providing customers quality products backed by quality service. With three locations covering Yuma & Wray, Colorado and McCook, Nebraska and surrounding areas, we install and service center pivot irrigation systems, well pumps and submersible pumps. We are a qualified Valley Irrigation dealer and are committed to Valley products. Whether it’s a large multi-system pivot and irrigation pump project, an electrical conversion on a 30-year-old pivot, or packing a used center pivot to be delivered halfway around the world, Quality Irrigation is continually striving to meet and exceed customer expectations in all of our business dealings. With Quality Irrigation you will enjoy the strength of our industry, meaning job security through bad economic times. We are growing as a company and plan to continue providing more opportunities for advancement in the future.
We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Pivot Service Technician for our McCook, NE location. You will perform set-up, maintenance, and repair on irrigation systems and pumps. You will be traveling to farms to provide both mechanical and electrical repair to equipment while providing top-notch customer service. We are specifically looking to hire 2 individuals, one with strong pivot experience working on center pivot irrigation systems with the potential of being a service manager and someone with more welding – fabricating experience to also be crossed trained into service work.
We Offer very competitive hourly wages along with a strong benefits package with health insurance, and profit sharing. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
What you would be doing
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair irrigation systems and provide guidance to other technicians.
- Work directly with farm growers to understand problems and communicate steps taken to repair the issues.
- Work with installation crews on the erection of new equipment.
- Welding – fabrication of equipment (if you have this skill).
- Demonstrate to growers how to use the control panels and operate equipment; be an ongoing resource for the customer.
- Communicate to grower’s available products and services that would meet their farm’s needs.
- Maintain clear customer records.
This job might be for you if you have
- Experience in maintenance and repair of irrigation systems with strong electrical and mechanical skills and preferably welding experience.
- Ability to work year-round, work outdoors in the elements, walking fields of growing crops and lifting 75lbs.
- Ability to use service-related technology and basic computer functions.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and preferably a CDL.
- Willingness to travel within the territory.