The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion company, 9,000 strong and growing. Health and wellness are wildly popular and deeply rooted in all our products: fruits, nuts, water, wine, pure pomegranate juices and teas, and floral delivery. At the Wonderful Company, we are proud to produce successful healthy, iconic and authentic brands, and we are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy and wellness for our employees, their communities and consumers around the world. In California’s Central Valley, where rates of chronic disease are disproportionately high and where 4,000 of our employees and their families live, we are developing an extensive, innovative wellness program. Our free, onsite health clinics combine the best of modern technology, evidence-based medicine, and teamwork to create and sustain a culture of well-being for our employees and the community.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company and our commitment to Central Valley health and wellness, visit http://roll.com/what-we-believe/community.
What you will do & the impact you will have:
We are seeking a Physical Therapist to join our Central Valley health and wellness team. We are open to full-time or part-time position spending one day a week in each of our wellness centers which are located in Delano, CA and Lost Hills, CA. For the right candidate, this will provide an incredible opportunity to build, develop and foster collaboration among a team that is evolving a new model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact for underserved and vulnerable populations.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Core Skills and Responsibilities:
- Assist clinical team in evaluating musculoskeletal complaints and interpreting test results
- Determine physical therapy treatment plans in conjunction with the clinical team
- Train patients on various therapies and therapeutic devices (i.e., manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, therapeutic activities, ambulatory activities, functional activities, and daily-living activities)
- Guide patients to accomplish treatment plan inside and outside of the clinic
- Evaluate the effects of physical therapies within the course of the patient care plan recommends adjustments and modifications
- Develop and implement plant-wide daily pre-shift stretching routines
- Work well as part of a team that includes clinicians, health coaches, social workers, and support staff
- Train health coaches on how to provide proper exercise guidance to patients based on physical ability
- Document patient care plans in the clinic’s Electronic Medical Record
- Maintain patient confidence and protects clinic operations by keeping information confidential
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist and maintenance of license required continuing education
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish
- At least one years’ experience as a Physical Therapist in an occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinics
- Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Current certification in Basic Life Support is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work-Life integration.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.