In Bayer”s Pharmaceuticals division, we focus on researching, developing and marketing specialty-focused innovative medicines that provide significant clinical benefit and value, primarily in the therapeutic areas of cardiology, oncology, gynecology, hematology and ophthalmology. With our innovative products, we seek to achieve therapeutic benefit for patients, while at the same time satisfying the growing requirements of physicians and health insurers. As one of the leading research-based pharmaceutical companies worldwide, we have nearly 50 ongoing development projects in clinical trials.
Within the Pharmacovigilance group, we are looking for a motivated Data Science Intern who would work on challenging Data Science projects that support novel methods for Pharmacovigilance in order to enhance product insights for the benefit of patients.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Pharmacovigilance Data Science Intern, are to:
- Perform complex simulation, modelling and implementation of machine learning algorithms.
- Collaborate with Corporate IT, vendors and academia to understand the implications of relevant architectures for data analytics and data integration platforms;
- Analyze diverse internal and external sources for value adding benefit/risk information concerning products by leveraging complex statistical and predictive models;
- Design digital strategies to extract benefit/risk information from unstructured information, including literature, social media and adverse event source documents;
- Generate Pharmacovigilance insight by identifying novel product benefit/ risk insights to protect safety and well-being of patients and consumers;
- Ensure principles to guide the appropriate and ethical collection and use of data, securing the scientific integrity of the analyses it generates as well as complying with all applicable data privacy regulations;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently Pursuing a Bachelor”s, Master”s or Doctorate degree student in Data Science, Informatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics;
- Experience with big and complex data environment (structured and unstructured data sources), using advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, deep learning frameworks and machine learning algorithms;
- Excellent understanding in statistical performance data, trend analysis to determine abnormalities and a broad understanding in a variety of data environments and tools (like SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, Rapid Miner, Spotfire, etc.);
- Hands on experience with programming languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning tools and packages such as scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow or Pytorch.
- Available to work 40 hours/week during one of the two timeframes:
- May 17th, 2021 – August 6th, 2021
- June 14th, 2021 – September 3rd, 2021
- Currently pursuing a Master”s or Doctorate degree in the specified disciplines above.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.