Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provide agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
This position may be based out of any of the following locations: Beloit, KS / Oakland, NE / O'Neill, NE / York, NE
As a Payroll Specialist at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for assisting in the coordination, evaluation, and execution of CVA’s payroll process. You will also interact with team members across the organization to research and analyze any questions or concerns and respond appropriately. The Payroll Specialist will assist payroll duties that include regular bi-weekly and off-cycle processing of payroll, bonuses, and other special payments. This position will also provide key support for the accounting department and Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in Processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops and implements internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Assists Human Resources and Information Technology in implementation and maintenance of payroll systems.
- Compiles reports required by management and government agencies.
- Processes, maintains and reconciles monthly account/vendor balances.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates and expedites workflow.
- Examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Managers/Supervisors addresses errors and complaints to resolves employee problems.
- Prepares various monthly and year-end schedules that provide information for annual audit.
- Provides service to employees by answering questions, providing information, making referrals and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution.
- Communicates with managers, supervisors, co-workers, and others while maintaining confidentiality.
- Reviews, researches and assists Accounting, Finance, and Tax departments with reconciliation of general ledger account discrepancies and data integrity issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Integrity and good judgment skills required.
- Excellent communication skills and must have the ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish job priorities and consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Must have the ability to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents required.
- Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Above average knowledge in Excel software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Three years of payroll or general accounting experience that includes a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial consolidation of multiple entries and financial statement presentation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY USED IN THIS POSITION
- Software: HRIS, Accounting, Word, Excel, AgriCharts, Email