Company Description Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com .
Relationships This position will report directly to our Payroll Manager, as a member of our Human Resources Department. Daily reporting and communication with departmental managers and contract personnel will be required. This position will work with HR team as needed to address any labor policy changes that impact contract labor and company employees.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure all hours and pay calculations submitted to contract vendors based on vendor requirements for weekly invoices.
- Monitor Contract Payroll email request for terminations, replacements and ensure communicated to vendors and manager timely.
- Submit final time to contract vendor, deactivate badge, and revise employee profile in Kronos for all termination requests within 24 hours.
- Send confirmation emails to managers/supervisors, regarding Contract Payroll requests.
- Work with staffing agency and FLC to ensure pay hours by department are received.
- Analyze meal premium payment reports prior to release of weekly hours to contractors.
- Ensure new access cards and terminations are logged daily and invoice staffing agency and/or FLC for unreturned proxy cards.
- Train admin coordinator/contract managers to assist with weekly entry of farm timecards and check input for accuracy.
- Ensure work schedules are updated promptly and changes/updates are update in Kronos as needed.
- Keep Sr. Staff Accountant informed of any issues with timely completion of work so resources can be obtained daily.
- Reconciles payroll to vendor invoices before upload into internal accounting system.
- Responsible for logging capital project expense into project templates in Kronos for tracking of project expenses.
- Assist with Kronos training for Supervisors, Managers, and Time Clerks as needed.
- Assist with creating Kronos report templates for Supervisors, Managers, and Time Clerks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the Kronos payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly rates, commissions, bonuses, incentive pay, per-diem, or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in payroll preferred.
Salary will commensurate based on experience and skills. Tasteful Selections has a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, company matched 401(k) and bonuses
Tasteful Selections is an Equal Opportunity Employer.