We are Sackett Potatoes!! A sixth-generation family farm operating in three states, Michigan, North Carolina and our new location in St. Anne, Illinois. We have continually grown through the years and pride ourselves on not only quality crops but leading our business with honesty and integrity. We are passionate about agriculture and passionate about the driven team we get to work next to every day. Sackett Potatoes is hiring a full-time, Shop Supervisor for our 6,500-acre farm in St. Anne. You must be self-motivated, hardworking, have good time management & organizational skills, able to make decisions, work independently and as a part of a team, and have excellent communication skills.
As the Shop Supervisor at Sackett Potatoes, you will be responsible for scheduling equipment maintenance, ordering and managing parts inventory, as well as overseeing the Service Team and assigning their daily jobs and responsibilities. You will also act as the mobile mechanic for field repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the inventory of on-farm equipment and ensure accuracy, this includes ordering parts from vendors.
- Establish and keep good communications with equipment dealership service technicians and parts salespersons.
- Keep the shop and parts room clean and organized.
- Maintain and adhere to a preventive maintenance schedule for all vehicles and machines.
- Work with and guide farm team to prepare all equipment for future seasonal work to minimize in-season repairs.
- Respond to, assess, and diagnose equipment breakdowns.
- Maintain equipment files, including records of all performance of maintenance and repairs for each piece of equipment.
- Perform fieldwork, truck driving, and other general farm work, as necessary.
- Communicate with manager how to proceed with repairing breakdowns.
- Work with manager to keep the shop schedule and farm schedule on target.
- May act for the Farm Manager in his absence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITITIES:
- Strong mechanical ability to perform basic mechanical repairs and maintenance.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, honest, and able to work without direct supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive tractors and trucks.
- Own tools is strongly preferred.
- Team player and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have experience operating heavy equipment in either production farming or relatable fields.
- Are passionate about all aspects of farming and enjoy a variety of work.
- Enjoy working independently & with a team.
- Knowledge of Irrigation systems is a plus, but not required.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Health insurance, retirement plan and relocation assistance available.