Overview: Parts Sales Intern is responsible for carrying out all jobs and assignments given to her/him by the Parts Manager. This individual requires supervision and direction. 21st Century Equipment will provide the student with a broad understanding of the internal operation of the entire dealership. Primary focus will be spent working in the daily operation of the Parts Department and completing specific parts projects. Student will also gain exposure to the operation of the Service Department. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company. This individual is safely able to operate dealership forklift and/or other necessary equipment of the Parts Department (Must be 18 or older to operate equipment).
Potential Activities/Projects for Parts Sales Intern:
- Learn Parts Expert and MyDealer to sell parts to customers and service department technicians.
- Assist with checking in, receipting parts, and putting away daily stock order.
- Learn JD Prism to assist with daily stock order.
- Assist in keeping Parts Department clean and orderly.
- Assist in merchandise showroom for summer promotional products (ie-combine/hay parts displays). Front face shelves, pricing and signage.
- Complete a physical parts inventory (25 part numbers/day or as time allows)
- Inventory service special tools. Assign parts bin locations when necessary.
- Learn My Dealer and train customers as necessary.
- Complete 10-15 on farm customer visits to promote monthly specials
- Assist customers with mowers and complete sales process with sales department at select locations. Utilizing product incentives and John Deere Financial options.
- Pull pallet/enviro creates and prepare them for return (June)
- Run negative/no bin location report (daily)
- Pull surplus return (Monthly)
- Manage the bulk hardware ordering (Monthly)
Internship Final Report: Intern will present a final report to the management team at the completion of the internship to recap the program and provide any suggestions to improve the program.
For more information contact: Mary Eisenzimmer, Recruiting Manager