Position at JBS USA Food Company
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Center of Innovation & Technology for Excellence (CITE) has several internship positions for individuals who are passionate about helping our business units turning their data into insights that would have an impact on JBS’s competitive advantage, especially in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT).
This position is part time- around 20 hours a week, located in Greeley CO. MUST BE A STUDENT.
In this role, you will partner with the data science teams across the business units to move strategically by:
- Leveraging and sharing the latest machine and deep learning techniques to challenge the current practices across the business units
- Developing a data lake and/or data catalog for each business unit
- Developing the Citizen Data Science program content to train & mentor our subject matter experts
- Working with different business organizations across the company to understand their needs and help identify new opportunities.
Successful Candidate: A successful candidate must:
- Take the initiative to understand the business dynamics and seethe big picture
- Understand the uses of business and market information to better drive decisions
- Relate with multiple teams to understand the problems of the business
- Passion for learning, improving process and attentions to the form of how the information it is presented
- Know how to prioritize the deliverables
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics, Agribusiness, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Technical hands-on skills in machine learning, deep learning, time series data, statistical algorithms, data mining, and data engineering
- Knowledge in Keras, TensorFlow, and cloud computing infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude