For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Packing and Bulk Shift Supervisor – Chattanooga, TN
This is a non-exempt level, rotating shift position.
This position will be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends that fall within the rotation.
Under the direction of the Packing Superintendent, the Packing Shift Supervisor is primarily responsible for the operation and performance of the Family Flour mixing, Italpack packaging and palletizing processes. In addition he is responsible for assisting the Packing Superintendent in managing the bulk, material handling, Buhler large pack and palletizing systems, warehouse and shipping.
The Packing Supervisor must have a complete understanding of how all departments work and their interrelationship within the facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing daily production and maintenance activities
- Directing activities related to sanitation, human and food safety
- Committed to improving productivity or maintaining the efficiency of the plant
- Responsible for direction, leadership, training, and assistance for all employees within the area of responsibility and to provide technical guidance and other assistance to other departments when required
- Leads his Team in achieving Zero recordable / lost work day injuries
- Ability to climb stairs, access ladders, catwalks and elevated working platforms
- Manage and direct all department operations so as to maximize operational efficiency and effectively control departmental costs
- Manage the training for all personnel to ensure the use of proper safety practices, operating procedures, company systems, policies and procedures and that all required technical competences are present
- Maintain complete training and regulatory compliance documentation
- Coordinates production, preventive / predictive maintenance, sanitation and quality efforts in accordance with Company policies, principles, and procedures
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees
- Reviews production performance, product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of the Company
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft programs (process control / PLC experience a plus)
- Other duties may be assigned
- Interacts with all plant personnel
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Strong mechanical & technical knowledge of the processes and systems within the bulk, material handling, and mixing, packaging, palletizing, warehousing and shipping functions
- Flour milling experience is a plus
- Hands on operation of all areas within the department; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have the ability to speak fluent English as primary language
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret memo, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Must have the ability to write in English and complete reports
- High School diploma or equivalent required (college or university degree preferred)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Experience in flour milling, mixing, packaging and warehousing is preferred.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technicalinstruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables at any given time
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.