Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge Job Description
JOB TITLE: Packaging Operator
LOCATION: Decatur, AL
Responsible for safe and efficient operation of packaging equipment, performing PM maintenance and making minor repairs and producing quality product per production schedule while maintaining safety expectations.
- Promote safety by maintaining a safe work environment, identifying hazards and exposures, and being willing to approach others about safety.
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative, intelligent, and hard working.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation levels of work area.
- Perform and complete package quality checks and respond to problems, identify and handle off quality products and package supplies.
- Interpret tank inventories, valve and pump settings to ensure the correct product is being filled and pumped.
- Operate the production line equipment (votators, shortening, liquid and tote line).
- Troubleshoot production line issues to identify problems.
- Perform all assignments satisfactorily, safely, and maintain good attendance.
- Operate a forklift for warehouse, loading, receiving.
- Responsible for loading and unloading railcars and trucks.
- Connect unloading and loading line to railcars and tank trucks.
- Collect product samples from tanks, railcars, tank trucks for analysis.
- Responsible for pumping and/or dumping ingredients into oil products.
- Collecting inventory of storage tanks.
- Transferring oils products throughout facility.
- Follow “Good Manufacturing Principles” and rules.
- Maintain documents for processes as required by Quality and Operation systems.
- Be prepared to work a flexible, 8, 10, or 12 hour schedule that will include off shifts and weekends.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to take instruction and follow direction
- Dependable attendance
- High aptitude for cleanliness in their work space and personal hygiene.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to switch tasks and adapt to change effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly repetitive, fast moving environment.
- Positive attitude and openness to corrective criticism.
- Willingness to learn new things/skills.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative, intelligent and hard working.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Decatur
Job Segment: Engineer, Warehouse, Equipment Operator, Sustainable Agriculture, Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Agriculture