Peterson Farms is a growing family operation located in Central Kentucky which manages over 17,000 acres and produces various agricultural products. The company is structured and positioned for successful growth today and in the future.
The Packaging Manager / Pack Out Manager is a hands-on individual capable of multi-tasking in a fast-pace environment. This position is responsible for a 3 month Assignment at our Harrodsburg, KY facility engaged in processing raw hemp for our partner oil extraction company. In this role, the Pack Out Manager is responsible for assuring all processed hemp biomass is packaged under quality conditions, labeled, inventoried and shipped to our oil processing facility. The position reports to the Drying Plant Manager.
We offer a competitive wages along with one amazing work environment where your efforts and ideas are recognized.
- Coordinates and supervises all work in the drying plant that involves packing dried product and shipping it to our oil processing plant. This includes supervising 2-4 general laborers.
- Actively manages the environment to assure safe working conditions and builds a culture for safe operating conditions. This includes awareness of safety protocols for forklifts, moving equipment, conveyors and other equipment.
- Manages 100% of the packaging process, including assuring adequate containers are on site, properly cleaned and sanitized, properly loaded, and labeled accurately for shipment.
- Inputs data, working closely with the Quality Control officer, that tracks every unit and variety of processed/dried hemp. Labels containers accurately and maintains record of all shipments.
- Works with the Quality Control officer to continuously pull test samples from finished product prior to any shipments.
- Monitors and controls the out loading of finished product and communicates and directs lift operators, truckers and others involved in the process.
- Works closely with and communicates frequently with the Dry Plant Manager on productivity output and any issues impeding shipments
- Prepares and stages all needed materials for the following production day, so that the plant operations begin promptly without disruption, delay. This includes keeping the work area clean, uncluttered.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the plant manager.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Organization skills – Ability to be organized and detailed in preparing shipments; keeping detailed records with 100% traceability, and assuring materials leaving the drying plant are accurately labeled for the oil extraction plant.
- Communication skills – Open communicator with good listening skills. Able to effectively communicate with labor staff and other managers. Communicates in a manner that builds a collaborative, team effort. Anticipates changes and communicates with others.
- Adaptable – Can adapt and respond to changing conditions, especially harvest related weather and other conditions that might create a demand for longer process/shipping days.
- Computer Skills – Ability to use computers to prepare inventory records, labeling for materials and other process information needs.
- Mechanical ability – Familiarity with production equipment and basic mechanics. Does not have to be detailed specialist, but can understand machinery problems, work with maintenance and others to resolve problems in the shipping area.
- Safety minded – Previous exposure, training and experience in plant safety a plus.
- Must be computer skilled (Microsoft Office platforms, including Word, Excel, others.)
- Familiarity with plant equipment (forklifts, conveyors, etc.) a plus.
- Previous work experience in the shipping/logistics area of a plant are a plus.
Peterson Farm team members are:
- Honest, dedicated and hardworking.
- Respectful and compassionate to the needs of others
- Thirsty for knowledge and self-improvement,
- Passionate for what we do, and enjoy our work
- Involved in fostering a Team Environment that promotes achievement and excellence.
- Focused on a Safe Workplace at all times.
- Practice responsible stewardship and conservation that result in long-term productivity and value creation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Requires physical stamina to be walking the facility. Also requires physical strength to operate machinery and occasionally lift material up to 100 lbs.