Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants, biodiesel facilities, and farm service centers. The position will generate revenue by proactively and efficiently buying grain from and selling grain marketing solutions to targeted farmers (and designated others) within the region. Work in close alignment with Merchants, Farm Marketers, Grain Marketing Advisors, and Sales Support Representatives to achieve overall business results and deliver superior customer service. They will deliver against agreed upon business goals and drive consistent execution of critical processes and systems in a manner that aligns with our values of safety and being the “Partner of Choice” for our customers.
55% – Buy grain (predominantly but not exclusively via phone) to maximize profitability and handle through Cargill and designated third party locations, ensuring compliance with applicable buying and margin management policies, procedures and contract management systems. Achieve grain purchase goal objectives at optimal margin through input to and alignment with merchandising objectives.
30% – Generate solutions revenue by selling grain marketing solutions that fit the needs of the farmer customer. Achieve solutions goal objectives in a responsible and profitable manner.
15% – Provide effective customer management for a designated list of accounts – ensuring accurate and timely contract management, leveraging sales effectiveness tools and processes, sharing customer insights and collaborating across product lines (Market Guide) to maximize Cargill’s overall share of wallet.
• 1 or more years of proven sales professionalism/experience.
• Proven high sales achievement, preferably in a high volume and non-face to face environment
• Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and functions, inside and outside of Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain.
• Proven ability to professionally manage customer relationships.
• Proven ability for self-motivation without supervision.
• Proven communication skills (written, oral, listening).
• 2 year post-secondary education or equivalent experience
• Broad knowledge of Cargill’s (or equivalent) Sales Effectiveness best in class model and Sales Framework
• Broad knowledge of Cargill’s (or equivalent) grain sales contracting process and customer service support offering.
• Understanding of grain commodity futures, future spreads, basis relationships.
• Understanding of grain quality management and its associated commercial opportunities
• Understanding of grain flows and ability to capture opportunities the market presents
• Knowledge of production agriculture and farm profitability factors.